Come visit us at our new location!
297 East State Street
Granby, MA 01033
"Celebrate with Lights" This holiday season
A donation of $5 illuminates a light on the Library Holiday Tree. A "Celebrate With Lights" presentation letter to give to the honoree (or in memory of someone) will be given to each donor.
Click to download the form here
Thank you to our teen volunteers for their help in decorating and lighting our tree!
The Granby Library has a booth at Kev's Barnyard Flea Market
Stop in at Kev's Barnyard and check out a wide array of items such as vases, tea cups, kitchen tools, lamps, framed pictures and prints, dishes, office supplies, jewelry, candles, knick-knacks, small appliances and more. All proceeds benefit the New Library Furnishings Fund.
Why is the Library Important to You?
- More people visit Massachusetts public libraries each year than attend entire seasons of the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics combined.
- 37% = Reduction in state funding to support libraries since 2001.
- 85,000 = Number of open hours lost by libraries since 2002.
- 58 million = Number of items borrowed by residents last year - about 110 per minute.
- 1/10th of 1% = Percentage of the state's budget that goes to support libraries.
- $1.05 = State aid funding to libraries per resident.
- 22,000 = Number of people using their library's internet every day (no including WiFi).
- 24/7 = Free access for every resident to the best online information through mass.gov/libraries
- 14.3 = Items that were delivered by the Massachusetts Library System through Interlibrary Loan last year.
- In a single year eBook borrowing has more than tripled.
Statistics from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners Legislative Agenda FY2014
Check them out and support your library!